Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Swinging Through the Trees

Here's a little secret for you...I've always thought it would be an awesome feeling to swing through the trees like a monkey.

Or Tarzan.

And I guess Jane eventually learned her way around a vine, so as long as I'm choosing a jungle flying identity I choose...myself! That's right, I may not be as graceful as Tarzan, and I certainly don't look as good in a loincloth, but the fully clothed, sweaty, humidity faced me rocked the zipline tour in Cancun. I had a few talented compatriots swinging from the lines with me. We may have been American born but you'd be hard pressed to believe we weren't jungle bred by the time the harnesses came off. A few in our party began with a bit of trepidation, but by the end smiles ruled the day and even Tarzan would have been proud.




Tarzan would probably laugh at our helmets. But, Jane would be glad the girls were at least given the pretty pink ones!






We worked it! There were 7 or 8 different ziplines that we got to experience and with each one we did something a little bit different. On the last one, both Matt and I hung upside down and completely let go...as if we were imitating a flying starfish (No, there's not any such thing, but I bet you can picture exactly what I'm talking about can't you?!)






We had a family photo shoot on our last morning there and Patrick got to practice just in case America's Next Top Model ever comes calling. Good thing Tarzan wasn't there, he probably would have been jealous.

And, just like that our Mexican adventure came to a close. We had a wonderful time and even now, a month later, are still dreaming of the beach! Matt has requested that I wake him up in the morning with a soft "Hola SeƱor, this is your wake up call." And, I usually comply simply so he can stay in dreamland for a few more moments every morning.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.0

No comments: