PS Here are a couple more wedding pictures for your viewing pleasure. The first is one that our photographer sent us (as if we weren't already anticipating getting all of them back!) and the second is one that Arizona's friend took and edited...cool effect huh?
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Traditions...so HOT!
General Conference and cinnamon rolls; they go together like bread n butter, like Superman and Lois Lane, like the Yankees and post season flopping...some things are just meant to be! I always knew it was Conference time when the sweet smell of my mom's cinnamon
rolls would permeate every room in our house. When I was little Conference weekend meant staying in our pj's all day on Sunday and trying to stay awake during the seemingly endless talks...whilst enjoying my fill of those delightful rolls. Then, we moved to Oregon where, until just recently, one had to get all dressed up and go to the stake center to watch Conference. We were all a little scared that the cinnamon roll tradition was going to die...but my mom pulled through like a champ and though it wasn't the same as eating the hot gooey goodness whilst trying to stay awake and listen, we knew that those buns would be waiting for us, like a little rew
ard, when we returned home. So, I decided that Arizona and I need to carry on the tradition. The pressure was on! But what better way to break in my new mixer, right? They turned out delightfully! In fact on Sunday morning Arizona had a bit of a stomachache and was trying to figure out why and then remembered that all he had eaten the day before was about a thousand cinnamon rolls...he decided it was well worth the achy belly! Anyway, so that is one tradition that will carry on through the generations! And apparently we will be making chilli the first time it snows in Virginia (since we live in an area that rarely if ever sees snow) to carry on a tradition dating back to the time of Arizona's childhood. I really do love traditions, and we have some great ones in my family let me tell you...so HOT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I love that black & white picture with your flowers. You look gorgeous, as always! p.s. I added you on my list too ;)
what an awesome tradition. gosh.. now I am totally craving cinnamon rolls. yummy!!! thanks alot! ooh and loving the pictures!
Sooo beautiful I love looking at wedding pics. By the way we have the same tradition with the cinnamon rolls, family traditions are sure great:) Yummmmm!
It's so great you are using the family traditions you and Matt have with your own little family now. I love the pictures and can't wait to see more!
You two look absolutely gorgeous(ignoring that Yankee jab).
Mmmmm cinnamon rolls...
"Arizona's friend?"... where's the love?
And it was easy to photograph such a beautiful bride... too bad the groom messed up all the pictures.
Post a Comment