Monday, October 1, 2007

Hooray we're married...It doesn't get any hotter than this!

Well we did it! We're married! I now have a new last name and a husband! The wedding was ideal (despite a little drama) and our day turned out perfectly! All week I have had to look at pictures to make sure that it really was a real live dream come true and not just a figment of my imagination! (Warning: this post is long and filled with images suitable for children of all ages. The smiling and happiness may be contagious and the author of this post can not be held responsible for any spontaneous smiling and/or laughter) Let's start at the beginning...I wanted Arizona to get a feel for how fabulous Oregon is, so on Thursday we went to one of my favorite places...Sweet Creek Falls. (This picture has not been touched up or enhanced...it really is that pretty and green)
After our waterfall adventure, we headed to the beautiful Oregon Coast. Arizona hadn't seen the Pacific Ocean since he was a wee lad and despite my warnings that it is not nearly as balmy as the Atlantic, I think he was a little shocked by how quickly he lost feeling to his feet! I wasn't planning on getting wet at all, but my adorable sister thought it would be quite a riot to wait to take this picture until she knew a wave was going to wash over our feet! So so so COLD!
So happy together!
We spent Thursday night putting together our cute little favors (thanks Mom and Janae and Grandma!) whilst being entertained by Discovery Channel's Planet Earth series. (PS if you are going to by the DVD set look for the one that has the guy narrator...not the Sigourney Weaver version...it's so much better!)
Friday saw every one of my family members running in different directions to mass amounts of errands. Thankfully, Arizona and I were able to take a little time and have lunch with my grandparents...it was such a treat to spend some quality time with them! When we got home Arizona was put straight to work and I...had a nail appointment. Doesn't seem quite fair does it? I sure wasn't complaining! This is a picture of Arizona helping my dad and brother and grandpa put together the dance platform for the reception (which turned out awesome by the way...)
Later that night we had a dinner for both families at Mazzi's, a little Italian restaurant in Eugene. The food was amazing and the company couldn't be beat!
PS I have the cutest nephews in all the land!
And the next day I got to marry my best friend! Man, what a great adventure weekend!



Ha! This picture cracked me up! We were so starving by the time the reception rolled around. Our reception was actually a dinner with about 60 of our close friends and family. There was food, dancing, cake...and we didn't have to spend all night standing in a line! Loved it!The ribbon on the cake turned out to be a tricky little fella...so I took over. (PS just in case you were wondering...no cake fight for us!)

For those of you who decorated our car (especially to Phill the traitor) I'll have you know that every time somebody honked at us, it made me jump! At least I know I have a healthy heart beat! I need to give a huge shout out to my "taller than me but still younger than me" lil sis for taking all of the above pictures (well except for the ones she is in of course) she did a simply marvelous job! And thanks to everyone (especially my parents) who put forth so much time, effort, and trouble to make our day so special! It meant so much to us to have everyone there and we really couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Bring on the "Happily Ever After!"

7 comments:

Megan Andrea said...

awwww. so cute. i wish i could have been there. you look beeyootiful!!!can not wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You both looked amazing, like always. The couple of the year, way too cute! I am glad that everything went well and that you are home safe!

Julee and Matt said...

I have been waiting for these pictures!! So cute and so glad things went great. Call me and tell me everything! Love and miss you!!

Britt said...

YAY! I'm so glad we got pictures FINALLY! Beautiful. Man I would LOVE to see Oregon! Can't wait to see the pictures up close.. blown up. Enjoy your happily ever after!

Anonymous said...

I'll have you know that Phill got spanked severely for the car decorating....he's grounded for a week. Thanks for inviting us...such a blast. Beautiful people, great food, wonderful dancing (I didn't know Matt was a Backstreet Boy) all in all a fantabulous time!!!

Brooke said...

I was so excited to see this post! You look gorgeous and so happy! Just the way it should be! I'm so glad that your day was wonderful and so sad that I missed it! WAHHHH!(: Give me a call when you get a chance! I can't wait to hear all the details! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Puka! It was great to see you. Good luck on the many more adventures!