Sunday, July 4, 2010

Summer Fun

We've been busy busy with summer time fun. Mix that with a tiny bit of laziness and you get...my absence from the blogging world. In an effort to get back on the wagon I'm going to try to do a whiz bang job at catching you up.


2 Weeks ago:

We went camping. Just the two of us up into the pine country of Arizona. We had some GPS coordinates from the place we stayed last time and figured we'd just find a spot and pitch a tent. It was heaven on earth. Most Saturday mornings I wake early and feel the pressure to get out of bed and get things done. Well, apparently Pressure didn't know how to work the zipper on our tent because she didn't even come knocking. I still woke early, but then I went back to sleep until I woke again, and again, I went back to sleep. And then, I simply held still and listened to the wind blow through the trees and marveled at the colors inside our sun splashed tent. Heaven.



Mmmm...my mouth gets all watery just looking at this picture!

When we finally rolled out of our sleeping bags, we made a delicious breakfast. The blustery morning made the cooking a little bit difficult, but we managed.

1 Week ago:

I decided to get a bit crafty. I made a wreath for our front door and a little sign for next to the door since our door bell doesn't work.



It looked great for all of three days. And then...I discovered that hot glue melts in extreme heat. WHAT?! Granted, it was 115 degrees on the day I made the discovery, but still...it's called HOT glue. Talk about an oxymoron.

Oh well, at least my inside decorations stayed in tact. I made the piece on the bottom shelf and have added a few other things down there since this picture was taken, and all in all I love the way it looks at the top of our stairs.

A few days ago:

Matt's nephew, Jake, came to stay with us for a few days. He discovered a lizard living in our backyard and made a new friend.





Friday night:

Best news of the last few days...caramel apples HAVE NOT disappeared from D-Backs games! Yippadee doo da! Color me a happy girl!


Well, that about sums it up! Happy 4th of July to all of you! I'm so thankful to have been born in this country of freedom. And, I'm especially thankful for those men and women and families that have sacrificed so greatly to ensure that my freedoms remain in tact. I'm proud to be an American!

1 comment:

elisha said...

yeah for so much fun. hope to see you soon lady-be-dady!