I love my birthday. Always have. Even though it means I'm getting old. I still sing a little ditty at sporadic moments throughout the days leading up to the actual occasion. It goes a little something like this, "Soon it's my birthday da duh da da duh da"
Listen, I never claimed the lyrics were clever.
So, my birthday came and went a week and a half ago and I have now entered the last year of my twenties. I've reached my forever age, the age that I'll always claim to be even when I'm old and wrinkled. Lucky Matt, he'll always be married to a 29 year old.
I'm planning on making 29 the best 60 or 70 years of my life!



The day was a fabulous one from the get go. My favorite type of roses, presents, cards, and Krispy Kremes.



We got to celebrate a bit of my heritage when we went to dinner at
The Keg, a Canadian restaurant the has only recently made it's debut in the U.S. Then, the American in me was crying out for a milkshake so we headed for
Joe's Farm Grill. And, free milkshakes are even better than the cherry on top (which I despise but Matt appreciates). Even Joe wanted to celebrate the day of my birth apparently. I certainly can't blame him, it's a pretty great day!

The revelry continued the next night with good friends, Mexican food and a chick flick. It doesn't get much better! Thanks to everyone for making my first year of 29 a great one!
3 comments:
I'm gonna have to side with Janelle about the nasty cherries with which Mr. Maraschino has long tainted sundaes. gross
yay for birthdays!! 29 how fab!! ;) I hope I get to see you before your 2nd 29th birthday.
Happy belated birthday, my lovely! I thought of you on your birthday and then I was a lame-o and didn't call or text. Glad you had a fab day!
Post a Comment