Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fishing For A Win

I made a new friend whilst sojourning in Oregon. Her name is "The Ugly Stick." Or TUS for short. And boy howdy did we become besties in a matter of hours.

It was a rocky start at first. Matt's new friend was a lot more helpful in the beginning and I was getting a teeny tiny bit jealous. But, eventually I gave her the right type of food and we made a connection. It was a beautiful moment out on the McKenzie River. Old Reliable and my new friend, The Ugly Stick, came through for me!

PS Don't you think The Ugly Stick is a fabulous name for a fishing pole?! Imagine all the fishies swimming away in fear because The Ugly Stick (to be said in a deep dark menacing voice with a creepy "Muahahaha" laughing in the background) has once again returned to the banks of the river. TUS helped me catch one fish this time around and I'm sure our future together is bright!

The University of Oregon had an ugly stick of their own, and they beat Cal soundly with it. We were there to witness the glorious victory. And, those peeps in Oregon know how to cheer on a football team! We left with our voices a little more scratchy and horse than when the day began.

Hooray for a new and "ugly" friend!



Matt also had a fabulous day with Old Reliable. Five fishies found their way to the hook on the end of his line (and later into the frying pan for a delicious dinner).

Success!


My dad, grandpa, and wonderful hubby made my fishing trip a most enjoyable one! I got to do the only parts I like to do, casting and reeling in...they took care of the rest (the more icky parts of the fishing experience) and I am ever so grateful!

My grandma makes the ginchiest cheerleader around! For those of you that don't know, ginchy means "the epitome of cool."

Old Reliable is looking as beautiful as ever!

Of course, we feasted at Ike's Pizza after our successful day on the river. A practice that has a become a tradition I love!



The three C's of post fish catching activity: cleaning, cooking, consuming!



Game Day!

Our crew! We had a blast and it was a VERY sunny day at Autzen Stadium...perfect for a football game!

Sure do love that sister of mine!





A fun time had by all! Well...except for the Cal fans.

(PS they let everyone onto the field five minutes after the teams clear off so we headed down and walked around on the turf...what a fantastic experience (pun intended...sometimes my wittiness cracks me up).

2 comments:

Aly said...

did matt really put a sticker on a shirt to make himself fit in...lol.

Unknown said...

No, that's the way the shirt is. It's supposed to look like a piece of tape.