Monday, September 28, 2009

Reminders

We spent last week curled up in the luscious cool green arms of the Northwest. And whilst our vacation was fun and relaxing, I found that the first few days were full of reminders.

I was reminded how much I just love and adore my family and am so thankful to know that they are mine for eternity.

I was reminded of the power of friendship.

I was reminded and reassured that all prayers are answered. Even if sometimes the answer is no. Even if sometimes the answer is five and a half years in coming. I'm so thankful for answered prayers and an eternal perspective.

I was reminded of how much I love to sleep under the stars and ponder on the mysteries of the universe.

I was reminded how much I love homemade blackberry jam but don't love picking the thorny blackberries at the end of the season.

I was reminded how lucky I am to have been married to my best friend for two whole years! He is my everything.

And, I was reminded that even disguised...love always shines through and ultimately prevails.

Case in point!
Matt got pooped on by a snake on our anniversary search for blackberries. Happy Anniversary Babe!



You might be surprised to know that I'm actually not the toughest berry picker ever. I had a hard time finding even enough to cover the bottom of my bucket. Luckily my magic uncle was visiting because he can pull berries from thin air! We had plenty for a double batch of delicious jam!

Later that evening we got all gussied up and went out for a celebratory anniversary dinner. The restaurant just so happened to be at the same place we spent our wedding night. We love and have fond memories of the Excelsior Inn. We had a wonderful time being together and enjoying the delicious food. In fact, we ate dessert at the restaurant, took two other desserts home with us and still...

stopped at TCBY on the way home! That's my kind of celebration! I'm so lucky to be in love with my best friend!

1 comment:

Julee and Matt said...

I love you girl! Prayers are answered and we are lucky to know we are forever friends. If we can make it through this, we can make it through anything together! I hope you had a wonderful anniversary with your wonderful guy. You two are the best!