Arizona and I decided to kick off the Easter season a tiny bit early and with a whole lot of "right." We headed over to the Mesa temple grounds to view the world's largest Easter pageant. And boy howdy do those peeps know how to put on a show! We went prepared with our sub sandwiches and blanket (after all evenings in Mesa have been known to drop to the low 60s as of late) thinking that an hour early was plenty of time to find a decent seat.
Had there been more than two of us, we would have been out of luck and stuck sitting on our blanket on the outside perimeter, a prime target for the protesters. There were thousands of people there. AND, there were thousands of people there EARLY...imagine that. The show began as the final rays of the sun disappeared beyond the horizon. Poignant. Beautiful. Spiritual. Touching. Words can't describe. I am so thankful for my knowledge of the Atonement and the sacrifice that was made on my behalf!
It was the perfect way to usher in the Easter season. Fortunately for me, my office is closed for Good Friday (which makes it an even better day for me) so I didn't even have to roll myself out of bed before the sun that morning. Thus while at the pageant, I wasn't stressed or worried about the busyness of the following day, and was able to really concentrate on the message of the pageant and the meaning of Easter.
Friday found me running errands for the Easter Bunny and heading to the salon to get my hair chopped off ( I just couldn't do the long hair thing anymore...which really has nothing to do with Easter at all.) The rest of the weekend we relaxed and tried to focus on Christ's life and resurrection. We also embraced the secular part of Easter and made Easter baskets for each other (which explains the errands for the Easter Bunny) and subsequently have enough candy to last the rest of the year!
Today's festivities of course included our Sunday church attendance. (It's a weekly ritual in our household.) And then, we joined Arizona's cousins for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. It was fun to see everyone and the food was delightful. All in all, another fabulous Easter season, though it is with some sadness that I bid farewell to Cadbury Mini Eggs for another year (please don't confuse these with oozy gooey grossness that is a Cadbury Creme Egg!)
Happy Easter to all!
Friday found me running errands for the Easter Bunny and heading to the salon to get my hair chopped off ( I just couldn't do the long hair thing anymore...which really has nothing to do with Easter at all.) The rest of the weekend we relaxed and tried to focus on Christ's life and resurrection. We also embraced the secular part of Easter and made Easter baskets for each other (which explains the errands for the Easter Bunny) and subsequently have enough candy to last the rest of the year!
Happy Easter to all!
2 comments:
isn't the easter pageant just amazing?? glad you got to go. that is one amazing thing about az. yah.. you pretty much have to be there at least 2-3 hours early.. it's ridiculous!! I WANNA SEE YOUR HAIR! I'm about to get my chopped off too.
Happy Easter! I am glad the Easter Bunny was able to bring you enough candy for the rest of the year, or maybe the rest of the month. :)
Post a Comment