Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Great Big Pot of Celebration...HOT!

Well, it's happened...I have survived the longest hiring process known to man. After three months and four different interviews...I was offered a job with Merrill Lynch. So we decided to say good-bye to my carefree (if somewhat boring) days of reading for pleasure and sleeping late...in style. We went to The Melting Pot on Friday night to celebrate! Side note: After every interview or phone conversation I had with the good folks of Merrill Lynch, Arizona would ask if he needed to make reservations yet...we've been as excited about the dinner as we have about the job itself...okay maybe a tiny bit more! Anyway it was as delightful as we expected. We spent three hours (the only time I have been in a restaurant that long was when I was the one serving the food!) dining on a fabulous assortment of dipping items. I am now a huge fan of fondue! Not that I didn't love it before...but having never had a plethora of experience in the realm of all things fondue...the entire category has now been moved to the my list of "Foods I hope there are in Heaven." And all I can say is it's a good thing we played a rousing game of tennis the next day cuz man alive that food was not brought to you by the makers of Slim Fast! New job and a celebration to boot...HOT!Mmmm...this delightful little plate was accompanied by a pot of milk chocolate with raspberries and a hint of hazelnut. Yep, it was even better than it looks!
Arizona looks a little freaked out in this picture but really that is a look of pure enjoyment...and he may or may not have burned his tongue while I took this picture! Three hours of delightful food and even better company! Too bad I can't get a new job every week!

4 comments:

Britt said...

sounds like SOO much fun. I'm jealous. I need a night out of the house before I pop!

Julee and Matt said...

Congrats on the new job! Hope you love it and enjoy those nice going out dinners, they will all change when little babies come you way...in a few years. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job. It sounds like things are going awesome for you guys.

Melisa said...

Congratulations on the new Job, this is a great time of life enjoy it.