Sunday, November 25, 2007

Gratitude and the Christmas Season...HOT!

I love Thanksgiving! I actually just love this whole time of year! I love the decorations, the football, the food, the family time, just the whole feeling of the season! We were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with Arizona's cousins and extended family. I have to say, it was the first time I have ever eaten Thanksgiving dinner outside! It was a balmy 75 degrees! The rest of the weekend we spent watching football (two of our three teams were able to pull out with the W! Alas...poor poor Oregon! I'm just sad for them and the season that could have been!) and decorating for Christmas! We helped Arizona's cousin put up her extensive collection of Christmas paraphernalia on Friday afternoon with only a few little mishaps. Basically her hugemongo tree almost went toppling through the window and/or the fireplace (which was already decked out in Christmas fanciness) but the fall was broken by Arizona's neck and shoulders...he has some great "war wounds" to prove that he won the battle with the tree! We managed to get the tree up and most of the lights working and her house looks absolutely gorgeous! As a reward for the successful day of decorating we went to Texas Roadhouse where the balloon man decided to make Arizona some pigtails since he was the only guy...made for some great looks from the other patrons and lots of laughs! Then, after a morning of football, on Saturday we went and found decorations for our house! We got our tree all set up and the garland and nativity sets and other such seasonal finery in place...I only have a few finishing touches to add! I love love love Christmas decorations (and Christmas music which we listened to whilst playing decorators!) Anyway, we hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving and we are reminded at this time of year how truly blessed we are!

Arizona's vicious opponent!


Our pretty little Christmas tree!

The Christmas village and Nativity sets.


The front room, the kitchen table, and above the kitchen cabinets.

And just in case you were wondering about the outside view...yep, it's still swimming weather!

6 comments:

Britt said...

Oh I love the decorations! We are putting up our decor tonight. We are going to the temple lights hopefully this week before I pop. Maybe we could meet up? ;) It depends on when these girls get here!

Megan Andrea said...

hihihi. looks pretty. we have not talked for soo long. i miss you. will you ask brittany if i can be her blog stalker again and tell her i am nice. okay i will call you and your house looks great!

Megan Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julee and Matt said...

So pretty! We are putting up a few then heading off to Oregon for a week and back a little before Christmas. Love ya!

Jason Graham said...

Arizona is so very tempting. Thanks for the condolences. You rock.

The Jenkins said...

So I just have to introduce myself! I know Matt. He was my sanity and pretty much my best friend for a year of my life when I lived in Virginia. I am so glad that he found you. He is so awesome and deserves the best and from the sound of it...that is exactly what you are! Goodluck and tell Matthew hello from Tara!