Monday, August 6, 2007
Cross country adventures are always a good time...HOT!
Okay, so we have so many pictures from our adventure that I have decided to just post a lot of them with captions and hope you get the gist of how much fun we had driving almost 3,000 miles in 3 days!
Day 1 picture...can't you just feel the excitement! ( We didn't realize how quickly the adrenaline would wear off and the lack of sleep would kick in!)
This was about 10 minutes after we pulled out of the driveway! Okay, not really but I'm sure he was wishing this was his reality as he was driving! (PS we found it fairly entertaining to take pictures of each other whilst off in dreamland...due to the fact that this is my blog and I can post what I want, all the sleeping pictures of me seem to have mysteriously disappeared...so sorry!)
We decided to stop at Ohio State so we could see their stadium. It is huge and so so so much nicer than Neyland (aka Trashland) Stadium in Knoxville, Tennessee!
For an old stadium, it sure has been well taken care of...and did I mention that it's HUGE! (PS...we totally had to sneak in through the construction entrance! Well...what do they expect when they leave the gates open!?) Though the stadium and campus seemed to be well maintained...the town around campus was a little ummm how do I put this delicately...trashy! There were even strip clubs right across the street from campus...I will no longer be surprised when Ohio State has another Maurice Clarett type scandal...it's not exactly the most wholesome of environments.
We stopped at a fantastic little BBQ place in Nowheresville, Indiana. And, after being approached by a druggie and asked for money, and then watching the owner chase said druggie off the property and quietly wondering to ourselves where exactly we were eating, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! The food was outstanding and the ambiance was something to remember! 
Mmmm...definitely two thumbs up! It was, in a word, delightful!
We were a bit more rested on the morning of day 2...good thing since we had to drive from Illinois to Utah! We didn't take a ton of pictures but we did...
...try to figure out what exactly was in the corn field in Field of Dreams (PS this is the first time I have seen real live corn up close and personal...well at least that I can remember!)
...and discovered that the Wyoming sign lies! Wyoming didn't really want to welcome us, it just wanted to drive us from the state! It POURED rain nearly the entire time we were in Wyoming...and that was quite awhile! Wyoming is a long state! We finally made it to my grandpa's house in Salem, Utah at about 2:30 am. We slept for a couple of hours, loaded up the stuff I had left in his garage, and hit the road again!
Day 3! I still haven't figured out if Arizona is trying to be tough in this picture or if he was just too dang tired to make his face muscles work! (We had to be in Gilbert by 6 pm so we could get the key to the apartment and move my stuff in, otherwise we would have had to leave it in the back of my truck all weekend. So...there was little time for sleeping!)
We drove past acres and acres of burned land in southern Utah...so sad!
We also saw some amazing and beautiful scenery (this picture totally doesn't do it justice) and both got the urge to go camping! (Could be because part of camping is sleeping...hmmm)
Hooray...almost there!
We made it by 6:20 (thank goodness for cell phones and nice apartment people who waited for us to get there!) and after signing a few papers we were given the keys and access card (for the pool and gym) and we went to explore our new home (well...mine until September 22!)
We love it!
This is the view from our balcony. So...there you have it, our adventure in a nutshell! I have now been a resident of Arizona for a week! Driving across the country with my best friend...so HOT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love it! Your place looks very nice. Will you e-mail me your address, I have something to send you. :) Glad you made it and are moved in. Now, you just need to come visit me! Love ya!
I absolutally love the view. it is beautiful!
I love your new place.
Wow if you can make a cross country trip together and still be in love thats a pretty good sign it was ment to be. Kevin and I decided long ago that for the sake of our eternal happiness we should fly when possible. We can both get pretty cranky when were tired and hungry oh and being a control freek I don't help the situation much. Your new place is beautiful! Can't wait to see you in Sept.
Brenley tagged me...so I am tagging you...check my blog for details
Post a Comment