Sunday, July 25, 2010

Second Installment

Fishing, kayaking, visiting the aquarium, some heated tennis matches, swimming, late night game playing, and great eating were some of our favorite activities at the coast. Most of all I think we just enjoyed being together...and not being at work! I'm determined to find a way to spend the summers in Oregon and the winters in Arizona. Maybe I need to come up with some simple yet ingenious invention, or become a famous author (I could write from anywhere), or strike it rich in the stock market. I don't know how yet, but here's to hoping I can make it happen!


The river behind our temporary abode.

Fun times with Grandma!

Uncle Justin and the boys found the longest piece of bubble gum ever! Those little jaws had a lot of chomping to do to get through the whole thing.



At the aquarium. Matt still fully enjoys the hands on exhibits and the boys were enthralled to see a crab with longer legs than theirs.

This little guys had a great time in his stroller, though the seals scared him a little bit.


He got some comfort from his dad and he then he was fine.


There were so many fun things to see!

I make a mean fishie face!

In the jaws of a giant shark...

how we would really feel if a 60 foot shark decided we would make a good snack.

The entire shark. Apparently years and years ago this monster used to rule the deep. It is said that it was 60 feet long...quite a bit longer than a school bus. Yikes!



Nothing like a little family competition. Matt was the ball boy until it was his turn to show off his skills.


Matt went fishing two of the mornings we were there. And though the fish that he caught were tiny, the catching of them still generated a smile.

Another fishing spot. It may not have been the best fishing ever, but it sure was picturesque.

The guys had quite an adventure on their mountain biking excursion. Matt came home all bruised and covered in road rash (trail rash?) he had to lay his bike down to keep from going head first off of the trail and into a tree. Good times!

While the big boys were biking, we attempted to go to the beach. It was a cold and windy day down close to the water, so we didn't stay for very long.



Cold at the beach but warm back at the pool, which was maybe a half a mile away. Strange but true!


We attempted to conquer the beach again the next day...and again it was cold but at least we lasted a little bit longer.



We ended our sojourn on the coast with a lunch of fresh seafood at Mo's and...

some homemade salt water taffy of course!

Don't worry, the adventure didn't end there, a third and final installment is in the works. And, if any of you think of a way that I can be a snowbird before retirement age please clue me in!

2 comments:

Aubs said...

JEALOUS MUCH?!?! I heart Oregon! Also, Matt's haircut is NICE!

Neal! said...

looks like an awesome trip. Glad to see Matt married into a fun family!