Monday, May 17, 2010

Flying J

Have you ever had a dream in which you are flying? Maybe you suddenly sprouted wings or borrowed some of Tinker Bell's fairy dust...both tame possibilities in Dream Land.

No? Just me, huh?

Well, you're missing out because flying dreams are my favorite episodes brought to me by the good fairies in Dream Land. And, always always there is that moment between dreaming and awakening where I am almost convinced that it's real and my heart soars high above the clouds. At that point, my bladder or alarm clock usually bring me back to my gravity laden body and reality slowly steeps in. But, on Saturday I got to fly.

My moment between dreaming and awake was real and two hours long! And, the bliss that accompanied my conscious personification of a dream come true was almost tangible.


No fairy dust needed.

I have a wonderful friend named Vicki whom I was able to persuade to be my partner in adventure on Saturday. Don't be surprised if you see our names up in lights when the circus comes to town!

Please take note of the expression upon Vicki's face. Giddy with happiness. I felt the same way, but apparently this is how I show it...

in my family that's called the look of determination, which is not I repeat NOT, synonymous with the word stubborn.

Yep, determination.



The first trick we learned.


Arghh! I was so so close to catching the bar! It slipped right off of my fingertips!

SEE! I'm TOUCHING the bar! Next time I'll grab it for sure...with a little bit of determination!


As an official Trapeze 101 graduate my word of advice is this...

don't wear shorts to class if you have a tendency to bruise like a peach...or if you have knee pits that grip like a champ! In my case, I have both so I was doomed from the start. Yowie!

Totally worth it though, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! And, hopefully tonight I'll get to relive it all courtesy of the Dream Land fairies, though I'm sure nothing can beat real life!


6 comments:

Brooke said...

You do funnest stuff! I love it!

Britt said...

that is AWESOME!!! Seriously.. you are an adventurer my friend!!!! Hope to see you guys soon!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

How exciting. That is awesome. I love the pictures.

Aly said...

Take me Take me!!!! me go me go. Yes I have reverted to a 3 year old at the circus.

Alisa said...

You are so cool! I can't think of another person as gutsy as you!

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

that is SOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!