Our Internet connection has been a bit intermittent as of late and thus my blogging has followed suit. We rely on each other, the Internet and I.
Oh sheesh, that's a complete lie.
Imagine the audacity and arrogance I must have to think the Internet relies on little old me.
Sometimes I suffer from allusions of grandeur.
And, as such I immensely enjoy when my life path takes me to situations and ceremonies of beauty. Especially when those situations are focused around a dear and deserving friend.
My friend Erin was married in Sacramento a few weeks ago. Erin and I have been friends since we were 11. 17 years. That's quite awhile. And man alive have we had some experiences together. We stayed friends even though my family moved to Oregon when I was 14. If I needed someone to talk to, laugh with, cry with, listen, or just be there...I have always known that Erin is my girl.
So, when she broke the news of her impending nuptials, we didn't hesitate to make plans to be there for her. I haven't always been able to be there for the big life changes given the miles between us, but this was one occasion I knew I couldn't miss.
And it was beautiful.
She was beautiful.
And I was in tears.
(Until Arizona kicked over the little kneeling pew under the bench right in the middle of communion. Leave it to the Mormons to be disruptive at a Catholic ceremony! Oopsie. Sorry Erin!)
I wouldn't have been anywhere else on that day. It was a priceless experience to see the joy that filled her countenance as she pledged to entwine her life with Nick's.
And, if we're friends for another 77 years...it won't be long enough!
(77 years...that would put us at 105...maybe by then the Internet will recognize my significance!)
Oh sheesh, that's a complete lie.
Imagine the audacity and arrogance I must have to think the Internet relies on little old me.
Sometimes I suffer from allusions of grandeur.
And, as such I immensely enjoy when my life path takes me to situations and ceremonies of beauty. Especially when those situations are focused around a dear and deserving friend.
My friend Erin was married in Sacramento a few weeks ago. Erin and I have been friends since we were 11. 17 years. That's quite awhile. And man alive have we had some experiences together. We stayed friends even though my family moved to Oregon when I was 14. If I needed someone to talk to, laugh with, cry with, listen, or just be there...I have always known that Erin is my girl.
So, when she broke the news of her impending nuptials, we didn't hesitate to make plans to be there for her. I haven't always been able to be there for the big life changes given the miles between us, but this was one occasion I knew I couldn't miss.
And it was beautiful.
She was beautiful.
And I was in tears.
(Until Arizona kicked over the little kneeling pew under the bench right in the middle of communion. Leave it to the Mormons to be disruptive at a Catholic ceremony! Oopsie. Sorry Erin!)
I wouldn't have been anywhere else on that day. It was a priceless experience to see the joy that filled her countenance as she pledged to entwine her life with Nick's.
And, if we're friends for another 77 years...it won't be long enough!
(77 years...that would put us at 105...maybe by then the Internet will recognize my significance!)
We found some cool places to take pictures.
(Once again, I was sporting the wind blown look and Arizona was looking maddeningly put together and seductive. Man, I'm a lucky girl! )
3 comments:
A smooching picture? Really? A smooching picture?
Oh! Matt, it is cute. It looks like you guys had so much fun. Your friend was a beautiful bride. So glad you had a fun trip.
Well, you could've fooled me with that wild wild west look you got going there. Maybe more like mad, or frustrated, or trying to be seductive. Maybe all of those because just maybe, that is what the wild wild west look really is. All of those things combined into one.
Post a Comment