Sunday, January 25, 2009

Multiple Personalities


Confession
: I think I have multiple personalities.

This was brought to my attention this during our crazy busy weekend. Sheesh we went from one thing to the next with nary a moment to relax! (Err...never mind the fact that I had a three hour nap this afternoon and slept in until 9:45 this morning. See! Personality: drama queen.)

Saturday morning found me itching for an adventure. Twas an itch no Benadryl could fix. (Wait did I just use the word "twas"? Personality: School marm storyteller) Luckily I was not the only one bitten by the adventure bug, that little critter found four victims in one tiny apartment! So we headed off into the sunrise (okay it was like 10 am and the sun was way past rising, but we headed east so that totally counts in the mind of my drama queen personality.) Superstition Mountain was encircled by the mists of enticement and adventure. And enticed we were. We laughed and hiked and chatted. Cowboy Phil risked certain agony to pick up a cactus. The rest of us figured the spiny poky things were put there for a reason and neglected to participate in the cacti handling.

Just check out those mists of adventure looming at the top! (We didn't make it to the top, the mists settled gradually upon our shoulders as we hiked and our lust for adventure was satisfied after we made the 600 ft elevation gain.)


What a marvelous day for an adventure. PS Have I mentioned that I love the Arizona wintertime? Shorts in January!

Personality: Contemplative thinker/model

After our adventure we discovered another thirst that could only be satisfied by the acquirement of citrus. (Personality: Fruit picker extraordinaire)

We headed over to share our spoils with our favorite Mesa peeps (we look for any excuse we can find to sit and chat with my grandparents) and after a number of oranges were consumed and anecdotes were exchanged we realized that we had to rush home to prepare for our next activity.

They have a great view!

We rustled up some grub, along with my cowgirl personality, with two of our favorite people, Britt and Brad. Rustler's Rooste had it all,a slide, delicious ribs, a balloon twisty man, an old man cowboy band, and...a long horned bull named Horney! What more can I say?! It was a delightful time had by all.

Who needs stairs when you've got a fabulous slide?! It was a pretty funny site to see Arizona and Brad standing in line with all the little kiddies. And Arizona wasn't satisfied with just one trip, it took three before we could finally drag him away.

Personality: ladylike and dainty (please note the pinky finger in the air.)

Heaven.

Had to get a picture with Horney. The real Horney seemed to be in a rather foul disposition in his pen outside so we settled for this rather accurate depiction.

The eatery is built right into the mountain!



We had to work up an appetite for ice cream and decided there is no better way to get the juices flowing than a little competition. (Personality: Competitive loser) Arizona and I had a decent showing in the ping pong portion of the evening, but when it came to pool our goose was cooked!
It took a three hour nap for me to fully recover (and we've come full circle to the drama queen personality.) But man, that ice cream sure was delectable!

3 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

Now I want to personality that brings you to come visit me in the FREEZING COLD of Utah.

Britt said...

oh it was good times. I couldn't believe we stayed out so late either!

elisha said...

Thanks for the shout out. I kind of look silly in your pictures and now all your friends will think I not cute. Oh well it was a fun superstitious adventure and the massage was well earned!