2008 decided to go out with a bang! She sure packed in a punch and kept us busy and on our toes running from one thing to the next! She sure was a feisty little year...all layed back and mellow and then WHAMO! like all of the sudden she realized that her time was short and she had to get it all in at once!
And what better way to begin the close-out of 2008 than a flashback to 1988?! The Mustache Bash was a highlight of our December celebrations. Matt grew a mustache (one part stache, 2 parts eyebrow definer) we donned our best Christmas gear (Made in China. Loved in the US) and partied like it was 1988. Even the candy canes on my socks decided to get in the groove and did a little flash dance every time I moved. If that's not classy I don't know what is!
Christmas came quickly on the heels of the Mustache Bash. On Christmas Eve our favorite part-time AZ residents joined us for a Christmas feast and some reflections on Christ and the reason for the season. How thankful I am to know about and celebrate the life of our Savior. It really is the most wonderful time of year.
No problems falling asleep on Christmas Eve this year (I think that's a first for me....I'm usually just so excited for the morning that I can't get my mind to settle down) I was plumb tuckered out! Santa was pretty quiet and sneaky so we slept until about 8:30. We had a great time eating the our Christmas Cap'n Crunch and opening presents. When we woke up, I told Arizona that I planned on staying in my pjs all the live long day. And I did just that.
All in all it was a wonderful Christmas. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful Christmas wishes and gifts. We hope you all had a wonderful holiday and since there is now 1 hour and 19 minutes until 2009...have a wonderful new year!
2 comments:
I am so glad that you guys hAD AN AWSEOME christmas! Can you believe that it has been 10 years since we were in highschool. I think it is crazy!
I can't wait to see what happens in 2009 for you two. Maybe I will acutally see you guys in 2009...that is on my list of things!
Post a Comment