Monday, December 8, 2008

My Birthday Guys

It just so happens that there are four wonderful gentlemen in my family that all celebrate their birthdays within eight days of one another. So, here is my (late) shout out to some of the wonderful men in my life!

Happy Birthday to my Daddy-O on November 28th! He's my: Can- fix- anything- and- everything- hard- working- fun- loving- silly- mischievous- grinning-
bike- riding- outdoor- loving- sensitive and caring- dependable and trustworthy- help you in a pinch- teacher of life's lessons- and my ra-ra-cheerleader Dad! In short he is a hero of mine and I love him with all my young girl heart!

Next up was my favorite little first born fishing extraordinaire nephew! He turned 6 and had a Lego party with his friends! Man I wish I could have been there. I love birthday parties! And Lego! But most especially I love this little/big guy with all my young girl heart!


On the 2th (pronounced tooth) of December we celebrated the birth of my Oregon loving Arizona winter residing Grandpa! Amazingly enough, he turned 39...again! We got to go see the new Disney movie, Bolt in 3-D! It was amazing...seriously, I haven't laughed that hard in a movie in a long time but I digress...back to Mr. Happy Birthday Guy. He is one of the funniest people I know and it's always kicks and giggles when he's around. He has a great love for the people around him (even those he doesn't know) and is one of the biggest football fans I've ever been around (which makes Arizona insanely happy.) He loves to serve others and make life a little more joyous for those in unfortunate circumstances. In short, I love him with all my young girl heart and feel so blessed and thankful to be his granddaughter!

On the 6th, just two short days ago, my Grandpa P. had a birthday. I had the blessing of living with him for a little while a few short years back and am so thankful for that time. He is determined and hard working, in fact a couple of years ago he joined my dad and brother as they biked from Washington to Oregon down the Pacific Coast Highway. Now, how many 70-somethings do you know that can pull that off?! I submit...not many. He is also about as soft-hearted as they come and it's a kick to watch him with my little nephews. I love spending time with him and I wish I could have been there to give him a great big birthday hug! He's another one that I love with all my young girl heart!

I feel so blessed to have these fabulous guys in my life. Happy Birthday to you all!

1 comment:

Julee and Matt said...

Wow! You got to eat 4 cakes in 8 days! I love your grandparents are down in AZ for the winter...they are so fun. Happy Birthday Boys!