Wednesday, October 22, 2008
The Recent Haps
On Friday night we joined a couple of our peeps for a delightful night of food and fun! We graced our local Red Robin with our presence (and money) and then found ourselves entwined in the grasp of the intense claws of Putt Putt golf. The whole joint was decorated for the upcoming spookiest night of the of the year, which made the whole hit the tiny ball in the hole thing rather difficult seeing as how the lighting was set to create a perfectly spooky ambiance. And, in my case it was like someone said, "Hey, you know what would be funny, let's play a little joke on the colorblind girl, give her a dark green ball on dark green carpet and turn the lights down low...it'll be a riot!" I was not amused. Seriously, a couple of times I picked the ball up and threw it through whatever moving object we were supposed to be hitting it through. (okay, really it only happened once and I got a hole in one...if you don't count the three times I actually tried to hit it up the ramp and through the castle drawbridge...which I totally don't!) All in all we had a fantastic-laugh-our-faces-off night!
I like to call this the Castle of Doom because it is absolutely cursed...which is obviously why my ball didn't want to go through the stinkin drawbridge...my ball ain't no fool!

On Monday night we went to watch the Suns play the Charlotte Bobcats and had a grand ol' time at our first game of the season! It's still a little weird to feel obligated to cheer for Shaq (he and I have always had a hate/love relationship. Well...he would love me if he knew me!) and I think it might take me a while to really put my heart into it when I clap for him (I think I'll always make fun of his free throws.) Hopefully, in the not too distant future we'll have moved up to a grudgingly tolerate/love relationship...I'm going to work on it, and I'll keep you informed of my progress! The Suns came away with the W after double OT, so we picked an exciting game to attend! Next up for us...ASU vs Oregon football this weekend! Let the good times roll!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I my gosh! I totally forgot you are colorblind! Remember when I would make you tell me what color passing cars were and have myself a good chuckle. Hmmm...sorry, that was mean.(: I love going to NBA games. So fun! PS-Congrats on passing your test! What job are you doing now?
You and Red Robin! I am glad something will never change. :) What fun to go to the opening game. AND I will be back on the 11th of Nov and not going out of town again until baby comes, so you better come visit me when you come up this time!!
I hope we are on for the Oregon/ASU game!!
and by the way.. GO SHAQ!! We love him!
Post a Comment