Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me...

It's true, I have officially entered my 27th year of life and what a fantastic commencement it has been thus far! On the Monday night before my birthday Arizona was so excited about his surprises that he just couldn't wait until the next day so after I hid under a blanket (Arizona wanted me to go in our room but I was in the middle of watching the Bachelorette, which I'm a little embarrassed to admit, so I compromised and hid under a blanket) for at least one million minutes (hey it got hot under there!) I was allowed to emerge. And Arizona showered me with flowers and strawberry shortcake and a couple of new chick flicks! He's fantastic! The celebration continued when I got to work the next day when I was greeted by birthday decorations and enough sugary treats for my entire office. The day was filled with phone calls, emails, gifts, and birthday songs from my amazing friends and family. That evening Arizona took me to dinner and this great little restaurant that we have been wanting to try since we saw it on the Food Network, Joe's Farm Grill. The ribs, sweet potato fries and fresh strawberry shakes were the perfect indulgent and celebratory birthday meal! And then...Arizona surprised me with Brad Paisley tickets! So on Thursday we got to attend what could quite possibly be one of my favorite concerts to date! We had a blast and if the past few days are an indication of what it's going to be like to be 27...then zippadeedoodaa for me! Thanks to everyone for making my birthday so great!


Early birthday surprises from my amazing guy!




My real live actual birthday. It was a fantastic day and we loved Joe's Farm Grill! They grow all of their own produce on the farm behind the restaurant (we're posing in front of the grape vines) and get all of their meat from local farmers, so the food is really fresh and oh so tasty! What a treat for our taste buds!


I can't even describe how awesome this concert was! If you get the chance to see Brad Paisley this summer, take it from me, it's TOTALLY worth it! We had a great time and would love to go back every summer! Thanks again to everyone for making my birthday such a fabulous and delightful day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, Happy Birthday! It is great that you had so much fun. You have a great husband.

Julee and Matt said...

That is quite the birthday celebrations! What a fun concert and I am coming down to have ribs with you...they look yummy! Love you!

Heather said...

Well girly girl... I am glad to see you had a wonderful Birthday. You deserved to have the best.
Luv ya

Anonymous said...

ARIZONA! YOU ROCK MY SOCKS! J I AM SO GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY. YOU DESERVE IT. LOVE YA BOTH

Britt said...

awww... i hope you had a fabulous birthday!!! looks that way anyway!!!!

Brooke said...

Wow, I forgot what life was like before kids! Spontenaity, what is that?(; Looks like you guys had a awesome day and no one deserves it more! Welcome to the 27club!

Lyanna said...

Well, it sure looks like you have a fabulous birthday!! So nice to hear you guys have so much fun suprising each other. That's what life's all about, right?!

Aubs said...

Holy Rock-a-mole (my version of Guacamole) you've been a busy lil' chipmunk. Happy belated B-day. I am a bad friend...sorry I missed it. I am so glad you are a Bachelorette fan...Deanna will rue the day she let Graham go..dumb girl! When it's no longer 5000 degrees in AZ, we'll come for a vist...did you know that's hotter then hell!