Imagine that for weeks you have been planning on camping trip with friends. This trip was going to have it all, the s'mores, the stars, the tin foil dinners, the late night fireside chats, the dutch oven cobbler...all the things camping dreams are made of! Then imagine for a minute that a "no open flame" restriction goes into effect all over the entire region the day before the trip of dreams was to commence. Welcome to my world. All day at work on Friday I was so disappointed that we weren't going to be able to go camping...(I really love sleeping under the stars...and sitting around the fire telling stories and eating junk food) and then we got word that there was to be a barbecue instead. And I felt a little bit better. And then I got Arizona's office and discovered that we had been invited to go to the lake. And I felt a LOT better! My hopes and dreams for the weekend had been restored!
This was our "we can't go camping but we might as well get together and cook up some meat" barbecue. (PS I don't very happy in this picture because I had just been beaned by a baseball. Full force right in the thigh...I have the bruise and the limp to prove it! But hey at least it wasn't my knee cap...or my face!)
Saturday morning at the lake! We just learned how to use the "color isolation" tool on our camera. Pretty neat effect huh?!

Not only did we get to go to the lake, but we got to play with Tyson's three little girls all day! The littlest one was so excited to wear her "muscle suit" until she got hot and decided to swap it for a normal life jacket. She and I became little buddies! They are all so cute!
Arizona and Paige had a race around the boat...I think Paige pulled away with the w! Swimming time was the favorite part of the day for these girls! Paige even pulled the "I don't feel good Daddy" when the wakeboarding was taking a little too long. Upon further questioning she admitted that she was just bored...haha!


This was Arizona's favorite part of the day! It was only his second experience with wakeboarding and he did a bang up job!
By the end of the day, this is how we all felt! So, what started out as a "weekend o' disappointment" ended up being a "weekend o' delightfullness!"
And, Arizona and I want recognize and wish all of the mothers in our lives a very Happy Mother's Day! My mother and one of my best friends, Cheryl. I love you and am so thankful to be your daughter! My mother-in-law, Colleen. Thank you for raising such a wonderful son, we're excited to see you in a few weeks! We love you! And our grandmothers, Gramma J, Grandma Bylund, and Grandma Pat...we hope you know how wonderful you are! Happy Mother's Day!
And, Arizona and I want recognize and wish all of the mothers in our lives a very Happy Mother's Day! My mother and one of my best friends, Cheryl. I love you and am so thankful to be your daughter! My mother-in-law, Colleen. Thank you for raising such a wonderful son, we're excited to see you in a few weeks! We love you! And our grandmothers, Gramma J, Grandma Bylund, and Grandma Pat...we hope you know how wonderful you are! Happy Mother's Day!
4 comments:
Looks like a totally fun weekend. I love the new effect with the camera. I am super jealous that it's nice enough outside to go on the lake...Utah weather sucks!!
I love the lake... one of my favorite things to do! I'm glad your weekend turned around. The boys had fun with Matt last weekend, by the way!
I love the trick you did with your camera....so cool!!
SUper fun!!! Oh to have sun right now. Silly Boston when will you be spring? Anyway, hey so I don't have an email address for you so I couldn't email you to get your address for an invitation. Let me know how we can remedy this. :)
Post a Comment