Last Thursday Arizona and I only worked half of the day and then we were off to Utah! We had tickets for General Conference on Saturday morning and decided we would get there a day early so we would have some extra time to chill with all of our family and friends up round those parts. Despite the freezingness (it was easily in the 50s...listen I'm kinda wimpy now that I'm accustomed to the fabulous sunshiny winters of Arizona!) the weekend was fabulous and we were sad that it couldn't have been longer! I took about a million pictures so here are a few that pretty much sum up the adventure
On Friday after visiting Arizona's great uncle and his wife, and his great aunt, we headed out to spend a little quality playing time with the cutest boys in all the land and my amazing sister-in-law! We watched some Smurfs, played a little Wii, don't worry David totally beat everyone, and were having such a fabulous time that this was the only picture of the afternoon. When my bro, Big J, got home from work, we all headed out to meet my other bro, Little J (PS the nicknames are simply due to the fact that Big J is older and therefore the big brother and Little J is younger and thus the little bro...I know my logic is astounding!) and his wife, Beautiful J and Grandpa P. We ate at a place called Chadder's which is actually an In N Out wannabe...and the food was quite delicious! Then it was off to the bowling alley!
Ry is totally wondering how long he has to wait until he can rock my grandpa's sweet hairstyle (or lack thereof!)
Ry is a stellar air hockey player, even when he is posing for a picture, his shot goes in! I can't imagine the skills he'll have when he's actually tall enough to stand behind it...although this method does provide him with some pretty fabulous protection in the goal!
After the first frame I was pretty much wishing I could use one of these nifty contraptions to roll my ball down! Don't worry though...I totally beat 3 year old Ry! 5 year old David proved to be a little too much competition for me...and so did everyone else.
One of the classic moments of the night! Big J slipped and fell as he was letting the ball go...and still got a strike! What the?!
I love love love this picture! Ry got so excited about every pin he knocked over (rightfully so,. since it was only one less than me!)
After bowling we went and played a rousing game of Uno and had some surprise treats that David was so excited to pick out and then give to everyone...when you have the choice between ice cream and a Spider-Man popsicle I think the decision is obvious! After the festivities, we went to see where Little J and Beautiful J live. Little J showed us the "new" motorcycle he got for his birthday (as well as the screwdriver he has to use to start it) and I have to say, it's a pretty sweet ride...don't worry Mom, he wasn't actually going to ride without a helmet, this was strictly a photo op!

On Saturday morning we went up to conference with Grandpa P and our Vegas fight compadres! it was an amazing experience and I will never forget how I felt when I stood to sustain President Monson...truly humbling and beyond words. Thanks for the tickets Dad!
After Conference, we met up with one of Arizona's old mission companions for lunch. The Mayan, is not your average Mexican restaurant...how many places do you know of where you can sit and enjoy your meal whilst watching people dive from 1,000,000 foot "cliffs" into the pool in front of your table. Fairly entertaining, I must say!
We have almost matching purses! What excellent taste she has! PS if you look closely you can see the face in the rocks behind us. It kind of felt like we were at Disneyland.
We love hanging out with these guys and wished they lived closer! You can see the rock face a little bit better in this picture.
Later that afternoon, Aubs and Di and I had a little bit of "girl" time while the guys went to the "men only" session of conference. We met up with them at...you guessed it Red Robin! Let's face it, we can't get together and NOT go to that place!
Me and two of my best gals...I sure do love these lil ladies! After taking our time at the Robin, we went over to Phill and Aub's and got to take a tour of their brand new house...which is absolutely gorgeous by the way! We told stories, ate ice cream, talked and laughed (mostly laughed) until the wee hours of the morning! Thanks to everyone for making time for us and for making our trip so fabulous! We're sorry we didn't get to see everyone we wanted to, and are so excited for our next Utah adventure!
Later that afternoon, Aubs and Di and I had a little bit of "girl" time while the guys went to the "men only" session of conference. We met up with them at...you guessed it Red Robin! Let's face it, we can't get together and NOT go to that place!
3 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful time. Sorry we didn't get together, we had just got home from our trip and everyone was feeling a little down in the dumps. I didn't know if we had a bug or not, but didn't want to share with you two. Love you!
I'm glad you had a good time in Utah and we are so sorry to have missed you. We are heading out to WA soon for the summer, so if you go up to Oregon, stop and see us!
Sorry we missed out on the fun. We had plans to visit after Phil got back from priesthood meeting, but his parents came down. I am glad that you include me in your plans when you come up here. I am glad you got to go to conference with Diana too. I think she really liked that. We are going to move down there in July. Hopefully we will get together soon. Love ya....elisha
Post a Comment