Have I mentioned that I love weekends? Because I really really do! This weekend we had our "week after Valentine's Day" celebration!
Arizona had his real estate class the night of Valentine's day and then I was sick all last weekend so...we got to celebrate a little later than everyone else! And what a celebration it was! We went to dinner at a fabulous little restaurant called the GrainBelt and enjoyed every bite! The main event of the evening was a production of Singin' In The Rain at the Hale Center Theater. Having never seen a production at this theater I didn't quite know what to expect, but I was cautiously optimistic because the productions at the Hale Center Theater in Utah are always fantastic! My expectations were greatly exceeded, the production was wonderful! The Hale Center Theater is a classic "theater in the round" so the audience surrounds "the stage" which is really just a square floor with lights and microphones hanging from above. There aren't any backdrops or elaborate sets, just some props and good old fashioned talent! We had a blast! It was a beautiful day on Saturday so we decided to get out and play a little tennis and enjoy the sunshine!
Later that night we went to Arizona's cousin's house for a ping pong tourney. When they called to invite us I was envisioning a small little get together with like six guys playing on the ping pong table in the basement. Oh how wrong I was! We showed up and there were three tables set up in the garage and probably 16 ping-pong hopefuls! There was a bracket. Double elimination. Snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies on the line. I'm sure you can imagine the intensity! The testosterone was flowing in the garage so I made my way inside to attempt to write the talk I had to give in church at 8 am this morning. I got a little sidetracked. I ended up playing a card game called Golf with Kelly and Jaime. Don't worry I only ended up at 92 over par. Not too shabby for a first time player! Ha! Okay okay so my card skills were a little lacking last night but lots of fun was had by all! And I just wrote my talk at 3:30 this morning...no big! Good food, great company, lots of good games...it's no wonder weekends are my favorite!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so glad you had such a great weekend. i looks like tons of fun!
how fun! gosh.. I know it wouldn't compare to any of those awesome weekends you've had.. but we should definitely get together soon. ;)
How fun! Glad you finally got your talk all finished up. AND I love your hair!
What a fun weekend! You guys look so happy! I tagged you so check out by blog to get the details.
So if you have heard of me i am Matt's niece i think.. In otherwards Brittany's little sister. Haha. You guys sound like busy bee's I havent met you yet. I know we both got married around the same time! I am excited to meet you! We will be down to bless the baby this summer!
Post a Comment