Monday, January 7, 2008

A Birthday, a Very Merry New Year, and a Delightful Basketball Adventure...HOT!

Arizona turned the big 27 on the last day of 2007. I made cheese soup and bread (when you're the birthday boy or girl in my house it's tradition to request any meal that his or her little heart desires) and we had birthday cake from Baskin Robbin's. It was a pretty low-key affair due to the fact that we were both a bit tuckered out from our crazy hectic days at work (not to mention the fact that we had to go to three different stores to find the Mexican Velveeta I needed for the soup...man alive that's enough to tucker a gal out in and of itself!) We spent the evening watching a movie and playing some heated matches of tennis on the Wii. Like I said...not the most eventful 27th birthday party/New Year's Eve ever...but it was perfect for us! One of Arizona's birthday perks came in the form of 5th row Suns tickets (thanks to Tyson!) complete with passes into the Toyota Club. We got there a little early (sheesh with the offer of a free meal on the table, do you honestly think we would show up late?!) and ate dinner compliments of the Toyota club and then made our way all the way down to our seats. The sweet part was, the Suns played the Hornets, which just happens to be the team for which Peja Stojakovic and Bobby Jackson currently play...so I got to see a couple of my old Kings guys in action! It really was sweet...we were so close that we could see the scar on Grant Hill's elbow. Yep, definitely awesome! Too bad Arizona can't have a birthday every week cuz man, happy birthday to him!
Arizona didn't mind being the "taste" tester! It was a smashing hit!

Mmmmm...so good!

White cake with strawberry ice cream...delightful!

It really doesn't get much better!


Man I should have been a sport's photographer! What a sweet job that would be!

Chalk one up to another sweet adventure!

3 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

Happy Birthday Matt! What a great way to end the year. Sweet seats for the game...I swear, you two have more adventures that everyone I know put together! Love ya!

Britt said...

awesome birthday! Ya know.. the low key events are my absolute favorites! Happy Birthday Matt!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...Matt's B-day sounds almost like Phill's. He turned a quarter of a century and all he wanted to do was eat greasy Dominoes Pizza and watch the BCS Championship...Blech! I opted to stay upstairs and do the bills. Next year I'm coming there for cheese soup, bread, and cake. Happy B-day Matt!