riding while our east coast visitors were here. It was a blast and our guide was a real-live Texas cowboy and had the most awesome accent! When I asked him why he moved out here (he'd only lived here for two weeks) he said in his deep drawl, "Tu git away frum my ex-wife" I laughed and said, " Well that's probably a good reason." To which he replied, " Yup, she's plum crazy. They's runnin her off the land right bout now." I told you...real live cowboy. He worked on a cattle ranch and used to go on cattle drives all the time. When I told him I had worked on a ranch for troubled youth he said, " I'se thought bout building me one a dem up in Montana. I'se got bout 400 acres up der and I figures I'se just got ta git some a dem druggie boys to do the work and build the place...it's good fer em...'ll shape em up!" It was a good thing he was riding in front of me because I couldn't help but laugh! So, we got a tour of the Arizona desert on horseback by a real live Texas cowboy and even though my sit-down was rather tender for about a week...it was totally worth it! It was so fun to have visitors, we had a blast and wish they could have stayed longer! East coast visitors and conversations with a Texas cowboy...so HOT!
Monday, September 10, 2007
Adventures with East Coasters and a Texas cowboy...HOT!
So I just realized that I never blogged about our Labor Day weekend adventures! Arizona's sister and her boyfriend came to town and we had all kinds of good times!
We went and visited their 100 year old grandma (she has dementia so it makes for some good stories) who is about the cutest 100 year old you will ever meet! PS If you need to know how many kids Grandma Tate had...all you have to do is ask, but you might not believe it! We got to hang out with Brittney and Brad at none other than Red Robin! Sure do love that place! Here's a funny story for you...Arizona and I both love the Freckled Strawberry Lemonade and apparently our server wasn't quick enough with the refills for Arizona cuz I looked over and he had commandeered my lemonade and was attempting to partake of all the strawberries before I noticed (for those of you that are unfamiliar with the Freckled Lemonade, the sucking of the strawberries through the straw is the best part!) alas he was not quick enough because
I caught him in the act and voiced my dismay by saying, "Hey! Suck your own strawberries!" We just started laughing (now that I'm writing this I don't know why we thought it was so funny) and "Suck your own strawberries" has become a favorite new phrase of ours. Anyway after we had all had our fill of Red Robin delightfullness we got to hang out at Brittney and Brad's, which made for some excellent story telling time! We also got to go horseback
riding while our east coast visitors were here. It was a blast and our guide was a real-live Texas cowboy and had the most awesome accent! When I asked him why he moved out here (he'd only lived here for two weeks) he said in his deep drawl, "Tu git away frum my ex-wife" I laughed and said, " Well that's probably a good reason." To which he replied, " Yup, she's plum crazy. They's runnin her off the land right bout now." I told you...real live cowboy. He worked on a cattle ranch and used to go on cattle drives all the time. When I told him I had worked on a ranch for troubled youth he said, " I'se thought bout building me one a dem up in Montana. I'se got bout 400 acres up der and I figures I'se just got ta git some a dem druggie boys to do the work and build the place...it's good fer em...'ll shape em up!" It was a good thing he was riding in front of me because I couldn't help but laugh! So, we got a tour of the Arizona desert on horseback by a real live Texas cowboy and even though my sit-down was rather tender for about a week...it was totally worth it! It was so fun to have visitors, we had a blast and wish they could have stayed longer! East coast visitors and conversations with a Texas cowboy...so HOT!
riding while our east coast visitors were here. It was a blast and our guide was a real-live Texas cowboy and had the most awesome accent! When I asked him why he moved out here (he'd only lived here for two weeks) he said in his deep drawl, "Tu git away frum my ex-wife" I laughed and said, " Well that's probably a good reason." To which he replied, " Yup, she's plum crazy. They's runnin her off the land right bout now." I told you...real live cowboy. He worked on a cattle ranch and used to go on cattle drives all the time. When I told him I had worked on a ranch for troubled youth he said, " I'se thought bout building me one a dem up in Montana. I'se got bout 400 acres up der and I figures I'se just got ta git some a dem druggie boys to do the work and build the place...it's good fer em...'ll shape em up!" It was a good thing he was riding in front of me because I couldn't help but laugh! So, we got a tour of the Arizona desert on horseback by a real live Texas cowboy and even though my sit-down was rather tender for about a week...it was totally worth it! It was so fun to have visitors, we had a blast and wish they could have stayed longer! East coast visitors and conversations with a Texas cowboy...so HOT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yay! GOod tImes!!
It was a fantaastic time. Thanks for hanging with us. See you in 2 weeks!!
Hey, my mom's maiden name was Tate. Ooooh, are we going to be related?! I can't believe you are getting married in 2 weeks! Yay! I can't wait to hear all about it and wish so much that I could be there!
So much fun! Less than 2 weeks, I can't believe it. Love ya!
Post a Comment