Have you ever seen a cupcake tree? I hadn't either...until today when the fabulous people at my office decided that a cupcake tree would be just the thing to celebrate my engagement to Arizona!

I was
actually quite surprised when I was asked to follow the "Party Planner" of the department. I'll be honest, for my birthday, I totally knew it was coming...and for this I only had an inkling that something was going on but had no idea it would involve a cupcake tree! Delightful! Everyone signed a card and of course I HAD to tell them the story...PS I get a huge goofy cheesy smile on my face
every time someone asks and I love spreading the word that I am one of those lucky girls that gets to marry her best friend!
Yay for me! And of course, seeing as how I live right outside DC and everyone here dates for 5-10 years before they decide to get married or even engaged, I got the "Wow...that's fast!" comments and I just had to giggle inside because lets face it in Utah, lots of people have dated, been engaged, gotten married and are a few weeks away from having their first kid in the amount of time Arizona and I have dated! Then, when they find out that I am getting married at the end of September of
THIS YEAR and that I am moving to Arizona next week...the automatic assumption is that I'm pregnant and moving to Arizona so we can shack up before we get married.
AWESOME!
(Actually I think it's a sad reflection on our society that for many people this is
actually the case) I am quick to assure them that such is not the case...all I have to say is, "I'm the good one remember?" And they're all like, "Oh right right...you met your fiance' at church, what were we thinking?!" So we were having a grand
ol' time talking about wedding and engagement stuff and enjoying the delectable treats prepared by the Party Planner. Some of which were Champagne Cupcakes, now it is a well known fact around my office that I
don't drink (I'm the "good one" remember) and knowing that all of the alcohol in Champagne Cupcakes is cooking alcohol and cooks out when the cupcakes are baked, I didn't even think of my lack of imbibing as the reason for Heath's
persistent pestering to "try the pink ones, try the pink ones." And of course what
happened as soon as I did?Heath shouts loud enough for the whole office to hear, "YES! We finally got you to drink!"
Hahahaha! I just calmly looked at him and said, "Oh brother, if that is the most exciting thing that has happened to you in awhile...you need to drink less and go have more adventures that you can actually remember." Everyone laughed and I realized that as boring as my job sometimes is...I really am going to miss the fabulous people that I work with!
2 comments:
Hey G & G gave me your blog site so I could get all the juicy details on your engagement and wow I'm impressed he sounds like a great guy. Congratulations, I can't wait to meet him. And any tree made of cupcakes, has to be good am I right?
A cupcake tree? Oh, we need one at the house. Maybe when the next roommate gets engaged.
Post a Comment