Friday, June 1, 2007

Megan Andrea's Birthday...HOT!

29 years ago yesterday, my dear friend and adventure superstar Megan Andrea, came into this world. The celebration and commeration of this world altering event began in the wee hours of the morning so as to squeeze in as much glee and delight as possible! From phone calls to flowers, cards to candles, this birthday pretty much had it all! We had a formal (well not really formal so much as official...nothing is formal with this crowd!) celebratory dinner at PF Changs and then watched as Megs somehow found enough air in her lungs to blow out all the many candles on her cake. Here's a funny story about Megs and birthdays. It was about a year and a half ago that I had the great pleasure of meeting Ms Megs. She wandered into the ranch one day for an interview and I immediately liked her and offered her a job. One day Megs and our friend Elisha and I were talking and somehow the topic of age and birthdays came up. Lish was 25, and I was 24 and when we asked Megs how old she was she quickly said, "26!" Her birthday came about a month later and I of course thought she was turning 27. She never corrected me in my thinking! MONTHS later I was looking at her MySpace page and went home and said, "Megs how come your MySpace says you are 28? Didn't you just turn 27?" It was at that point that her eyes got really wide and her voice went up to an octave that only canines can hear (luckily there was one nearby to translate for me!) and she said, "Oh no! I have something to tell you..." Yep you guessed it... she told me that she really was 28 and that she had told us 26 because she felt so much older than us...cuz OBVIOUSLY the ONE year she subtracted made such a HUGE difference! Hahahaha...I love that story and we still laugh about it all the time! Here's to you Megs and to this birthday where you actually aged TWO years...well at least in my mind! Love ya girl!

1 comment:

Joy said...

You two are hot.....as is Dave pointing to his 'stache.